The Modulation of a Modern Day Hippie

>> Friday, May 14, 2010

Andy Richardson, aka Blac Lov is based out of Austin, TX. The best part about his music is that everything is recorded with vintage instruments and tapes. Which adds a wonderful effect His sound can best be described as what he calls "tape-step". After a few phone calls, and dramatic persuasion I managed to convince him to let me do an interview:

BLAC LOV


ASL?
18,male,high as shit.

What is the story behind your band name?
I was in Hastings (Texas) once when I was thirteen and I was looking at incense shop. I found this fragrance called black love. It smelled really fucking good. So, immediately I thought that if I ever were to have a musical project in the future i would call myself black love. Two years passed and I took the "E' and "K" off of it. That's the story morning glory.

What image do you believe your music conveys?
I'm really hard into garage rock. But someone once told me it sounds like music people get really stoned to. Hmm.

Who/What is your musical influences?
Orinoka Crash Suite

Are you currently signed to a record label?
Yes. Currently Trembleface/Sanddagger. Great dudes.

Thinking back, what has been your strong influence to continue performing?
Probably the fact that music is the only thing I can do selflessly, you know?

Do you have a demo, EP, or any other promotional material?
Currently I have an ep released on the Trembleface website. It's free and short. But that is all. I will release more later on.

What are your immediate goals as an artist?
I just want to live man, and have fun. But that sounds dumb, so I wanna fuck alot of shit up. All the time. How about that huh?

Could you describe your music making process?
Uh. I don't rememeber it.


Blac Lov is currently signed to the indie label Trembledace/Sanddagger. You can download his EP titled, Tripping the Garbage Forest, here. My personal favorite song from his EP and a bonus song from prior work are up for download below. Happy listening.

Alot of Numbers - Blac Lov

Woodin - Blac Lov

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP